GDPR 2018 PRIVACY NOTICE
This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
1 – Your Practice ‘Black Swan Osteopathic Clinics, trading as Third Space Sports Medicine’, based at Third Space Health clubs Tower, City, Canary Wharf and Islington, which hereafter for the purposes of this Privacy Notice will be referred to as TSSM, is pleased to provide the following information:
2 – Who we are TSSM diagnose and treat health conditions. Treatments are carried out in accordance with the regulatory bodies Health and Care Professions Council, General Osteopathic Council. The practice also provides sports massage therapy, podiatry, nutrition and pilates, about which our staff will be pleased to provide more details.
4 – Legal basis for processing any personal data To meet our contractual obligations obtained from explicit Patient Consent and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the services provided.
5 – Legitimate interests pursued by TSSM To promote treatments for patients with all types of health problems indicated for clinical care.
6 – Consent Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to TSSM processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
7 – Disclosure TSSM will keep your personal information safe and secure, only staff engaged in providing your treatment will have access to your patient records, although our administration team will have access to your contact details so that they can make appointments and manage your account. TSSM will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled to, in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. TSSM may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
8 – Retention Policy TSSM will process personal data during the duration of any treatment and will continue to store only the personal data needed for at least eight years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After eight years all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained by us to meet our future obligations to you, such as erasure details. Records concerning minors who have received treatment will be retained until the child has reached the age of 25.
9 – Data storage
Data is stored in the UK and Australia. The data stored in Australia is stored by Cliniko who have an EU representative point of contact – Verasafe (email@example.com), complying with article 27 of the GDPR.
10 – Your rights as a data subject At any point whilst TTSM are in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that TSSM refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request TSSM can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
11 – You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (TSSM) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of TSSM and information about these interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
12 – To access what personal data is held, identification will be required TSSM will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If TSSM is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning +4402076920880 or writing to us at the address further below.
13 Complaints In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by TSSM you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Rosie Scott, Black Swan Osteopathic Clinics Ltd. Telephone: 02076920880 or email: email@example.com
ICO Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email